Prevent Shoulder Injuries by strengthening your Deltoid Muscles
Many people experience a shoulder injury or problem. This is often due to the reason that the focus of training is mostly front deltoid muscle while the medial and posterior deltoids are neglected.
You can strengthen your deltoids to prevent shoulder injury. Popular deltoid strength-training exercises include –
- Barbell upright row
- Battling ropes
- Cable diagonal raises
- Dumbbell front raise
- For anterior deltoids, use dumbbell shoulder press
- For medial and posterior deltoids, use 45-degree incline row
- For the medial deltoids, use bent-arm lateral raises
- for the posterior deltoids, use seated rear lateral raises
No single exercise can train all three parts. However, you can design a shoulder workout with two that target most of the muscles. Ensure you do three sets of 8 to 15 reps each. Begin with very light dumbbells and slowly increase over time, as you develop strength. When you can complete 3 full sets, you can add more weight.
Always begin a shoulder workout by targeting the posterior deltoids because they’re the weakest of the three. A few quick tips –
- Do not strength train more than 3 times a week.
- Allow 48 hours between sessions.
- Do not begin your workout without warming up the body with light cardio activity.
- Arthritis is a widespread condition for people ...
- If you have heard clicking sounds from your kne...
- Your shoulder joint is a ball-and-socket type o...
- There are so many different kinds of conditions...
- If chronic knee pain is affecting your daily li...