Tips to Prevent Shoulder Injury
Shoulder is a tricky area in our body. It is somewhat similar to its sibling down the body, the hip. The shoulder is supporting our neck to stand tall and is connected with the spinal cord. Every time you move your arm your shoulder joints also move. To have a clear picture about shoulder injuries we might want to look at the anatomy of a shoulder. It is a ball and socket joint which includes three sets of bones, namely:
- Upper arm bone (humerus)
- Collarbone (clavicle)
- Shoulder blade (scapula)
These bones are connected with each other by tendons, ligaments and muscle. Because this joint moves a lot there is higher risk of getting injured. Shoulder pain occurs mostly during heavy lifting, sports activity projects at home or falling down. The symptoms of shoulder pain are swelling, numbness, weakness, tingling, change in temperature, pain and discomfort while shoulder or arm is in motion. Shoulder injuries or pain scan be minor or severe and according to the best orthopedic surgeons in Phoenix the shoulder can get injured in several ways.
- When the blood vessels under the skin get ruptured, black and blue spots are visible over the skin, which means the area is bruised. Now bruising can take place from a fall or sudden injury and is an acute pain.
- When the tough fiber that connects bones gets injured sprains take place states From over stretching the tendons of the shoulder can be injured. If one or more of the four tendons are injured the shoulder can be incapacitated.
- Broken bones which may occur from a direct fall can cause injury to the shoulder.
- When you have pulled muscle strain takes place.
- When the collar bone is dislocated from the end of the shoulder blade due to torn ligament. This generally happens when the shoulder takes a direct blow or someone falls on their arms.
According to the orthopedic surgeons in gilbert az many things we do in our daily life and from heavy workout at gym we tend to hurt ourselves. Shoulder bone is one of the most fragile bone structure in our body. Now that we know several reasons of shoulder injury we should also know how to prevent from getting our shoulders injured:
- Keep our body structure in shape, specially the upper body structure which includes the back, arm, shoulder neck and chest so that it can provide support when there is too much stress on your shoulders.
- Maintain a good posture is a must. Posture plays an important role when it comes to shoulder injury.
- Before engaging in any heavy activity or sport activity we should always war up ourselves so that the bones and muscle doesn’t face a sudden blow.
- Wearing seat belts while in a vehicle is a must
- Wear protective gear when you are engaging in some sports activity.
- Try and dodge catching falling objects
- While lifting heavy objects try to maintain the correct posture. Do not push yourself too much as this may cause stress on your shoulders
- orthopedic surgeons insist on avoiding lifting heavy objects. When kids go to school make sure their school bags are not too heavy and they should hang them on both the shoulders.
- Avoid stretching for too long or keeping your arms at one position for long. You can take breaks in between to spare yourself from the pain
- Before any sports event or engaging in using some heavy machinery do not drink alcohol or get influenced by any narcotics.
If all the above mentioned tips are followed then you are good to go. In case you’re injured and the pain persists for long it is best to consult a top orthopedic surgeon immediately.
- Hamstring injuries are extremely common in athl...
- Ultrasound-guided injections are more accurate ...
- Chronic knee pain can increase after an injury,...
- PCL or Posterior cruciate ligament is one of th...
- Treatment of patellofemoral issues begins with ...