Say NO to Knee and Shoulder Pain with PRP Treatment
Modern pain medicine now offers cutting-edge therapies for treatment of painful bones, joints, and tendons. Leading orthopedic surgeons, such as Dr. Adam Farber at Phoenix Shoulder and Knee Clinic, provide Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections to treat many painful conditions of the shoulder, knee, elbow and ankle. PRP therapy is an innovative, regenerative medicine treatment option that can be used as an alternative to surgery for arthritis.
Platelets are human blood cells that allow the blood to clot when required. In addition, they also carry factors that signal regeneration in surrounding tissues. PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma therapy involves –
- Drawing your blood
- Preparing blood to remove platelets and growth factors
- The platelet rich plasma derived in step 2 is injected back into the affected or damaged tissues.
Benefits of PRP Therapy
- Injecting PRP stimulates natural healing in the patient’s degenerating or damaged tissues.
- Since the person’s own blood has been used, there is no risk of rejection.
- The PRP injection is done under ultrasound guidance to ensure accurate insertion of PRP.
- The treatment is done as an outpatient procedure and only takes about a half hour.
Many professional athletes have benefitted from PRP injections to get back into the game quickly. If you are looking for non-invasive treatment for arthritis or bone, joint or tendon injury, Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is a great option. Consult your orthopedic surgeon today.
- Joints can emit many noises, often described as...
- While many people undergo successful knee repla...
- Knee replacement surgery is one of the major br...
- Intercostal muscle strain is an injury affectin...
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is a pain...